A clean room, which can also be called a white room, is a particular environment that is usually a manufacturing or scientific research environment. There is a need for very low levels of pollutants in an area such as this. Some pollutants that troublesome are dust particles, airborne microbes, aerosol particles and also chemical vapors. A clean room can be very large, or small in size, but, regardless of size, these areas must be kept as sterile as possible. A white room is classified by the amount of particles that are allowed per volume of air. These classes include Class 10, 100, and 1000. One product that is used to keep this work environment sanitary is clean room wipes. There is a variety of wipes to choose from for different types of jobs. The cleanest and most lint free wipe on the market is for Classes 1-10. These particular wipes are laser cut to ensure that the edges are sealed. They are made, laundered and packaged in a Class 10 clean room and inspected individually before being shipped. There is a guarantee of low particle emission and no residue is left behind. Made out of 100% virgin ultra polyester are the Class 100 wipes. Each of these wipes are cleaned, packaged and inspected before they are shipped off for use. They come in non-laundered form if it is not needed for them to be laundered. These wipes are lint free, and are very resistant to rough surfaces. They are also low in particle emissions and chemical extracts. To disinfect surfaces, there are pre-saturated wipes available on the market. These wipes are 70% isopropyl alcohol and 30% de-ionized water. A variety of alcohol wipes are available for each Class, and come in either a hard plastic tub, or a plastic bag.
May 24, 2012 by OnePot
May 22, 2012 by OnePot
An iPad wall mounting is a handy device to have at home, in the office or just about anywhere you can imagine. These devices facilitate organization and can help you to keep track of your iPad. These mounts are assets to have especially in a busy office where many things are happening all at once. Having this mount on your wall will help with many of the things listed below.
Keeping track of reminders:
Sometimes a phone does not do the job well because it may become turned off or was on a silent setting without you remembering to revert it to loud. Having an iPad on your office wall can allow you to view your full schedule when you want to and thus keep you on track with all the happenings in your day.
Facilitating video conferencing:
Many meetings take place via video conferencing and having a wall mount will allow you to use you iPad for that purpose. This is a plus because you can do other work on your office computer while having a meeting via your iPad. You can also set up a standing demonstration or presentation without worrying about coming out of view.
Make working at home easier:
An iPad is a great addition to any home or office, but its increased efficiency is always observed when a wall mount is added. Without the need to constantly hold the device, more can be accomplished with both hands free. If you are in a job that often requires you to carry your work home, you can easily transport your iPad to and from work with you and mount it at home. Make adjustments and perform tasks in between other household chores without worrying about your work being corrupted or erased by anyone else. Some wall mounts hide the menu button so no one can change your applications.
Category Gadgets | Tags: | Comments Off
May 16, 2012 by OnePot
There has been an ongoing debate in the last decade over the benefits of EMR integration in clinics, hospitals, and other healthcare institutions. An EMR system is essentially a database of medical records created by healthcare providers. While there are certainly many advantages to the use of EMR systems in the healthcare industry, many people remain to question how effective they are in providing quality healthcare to patients. Below is a list of the pros and cons of EMR integration in healthcare institutions:
Benefits of EMR Systems
Disadvantages of EMR Integration
- Easy Access to Medical Information- The use of EMR systems can significantly improve the speed and efficiency of accessing medical information in clinics and hospitals, as they are stored in one database that can be accessed by a network of devices.
- Ease of Information Dissemination- EMR systems also makes it easier for healthcare providers to share information among each other. A patient’s complete medical history can be sent electronically from one department to another, which does not only speed up the dissemination of information but also cuts down the costs of sending documents through fax or courier.
- Unlimited Storage- An EMR system can host anywhere from thousands to millions of medical information. Traditional paper medical records required the use of storage cabinets, which needs a large amount of physical space to be stored. EMR systems saves space by storing all information digitally and eliminates the need to have to browse through file after file of patient information whenever a particular document is needed.
- Accuracy- Many professionals question the efficiency of computer systems when it comes to providing accurate information. While computerized information is much readable than handwritten records, there is still an evident risk of mixing up data especially when it has to be put in the system in bulk.
Despite the disadvantages of shifting to EMR, many healthcare providers and institutions have found that adopting this technology is much more beneficial and efficient than using traditional paper medical records.
- Cost- Small-scale clinics often hesitate to shift from the use of paper medical records to EMR because of the initial costs it requires to computerize large amounts of medical information.
- Security Issues- Perhaps the most evident disadvantage of EMR systems is the evident risk it poses to the confidentiality of patient information. Since data is stored and transferred electronically, it is easy to tamper with existing information or steal patient information from a computerized system.
May 14, 2012 by OnePot
Though jewelry styles change through the years, there are some gifts that are simply timeless. A string of pearls, diamond stud earrings … examples of jewelry that women love to receive, wear throughout their lives and cherish forever. Another example that is appropriate for any age and many occasions is a gold locket. It can be given to a child by a parent or other family member or from one friend to another to express appreciation for always being there. It can be a romantic gift from a young boy to a young girl or to celebrate years of marriage, and is even appropriate to show heartfelt thanks. Lockets can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, can open up and store a photo that holds a special memory, and can be engraved with a personal message.
A recent example of the popularity ofa gold locket was highlighted in the news very recently. The famous director Mike Nichols chose to give heart-shaped gold lockets to each of the cast members of his Broadway revival of the play Death of a Salesman. The occasion for the gift was that the show had received several nominations for prestigious theater awards. To make the gift more meaningful and more personal, Nichols had each locket engraved with a line from the play that the cast member’s character had spoken.
A gold locket is a thoughtful, personal gift that can mean whatever you want it to mean and will be kept and worn proudly for a lifetime. Choose a shape that you find appealing, think of a thoughtful message to have engraved onto the back, and find a wonderful photograph that captures a moment that is special to both you and the person that you’re giving the gift to, and you will have found a gift that will be appreciated for a long, long time.
May 12, 2012 by OnePot
For years, laboratory and cleanroom environments have been disposing of garments such as boot covers, cleanroom gloves, coveralls, gloves, masks and hairnets. With tons of these products going into landfill every year, recycling programs are being introduced through a partnership between Kimberly-Clark and Terracycle. Together, they have created a recycling program that is being activated around the world with the goal of diverting the tons of waste generated by labs and cleanrooms, keeping them from contaminating and overloading the environment and instead converting them into usable products. The program is part of Kimberly-Clark’s Exceptional Workplaces initiative, which is designed to create safer, exceptional work environments.
The partnership between the two companies joins forces between an organization that recycles and one that specializes in contamination control. Where these items were previously kept separate and disposed of as cleanroom waste, they are now being packaged in special containment boxes. In just a few months time over 7,000 pounds of used garments have been collected. The goal of the program is to have collected at least 350,000 pounds over the next several months, and as more collection locations are signing on it appears that the program is on target to achieve their goal.
TerraCycle is able to take the waste products and recycle them into bulk plastics as well as consumer products, and the program includes an innovative tracking system that enables participating sites to receive metrics as to exactly how much they have contributed to the effort and what the effect has been on their location’s carbon footprint. The program has made employees aware of the large impact that disposable gloves have had on the environment, and with cleanroom gloves making up the majority of each facilities landfill placements, the more feedback and information that comes back, the more compliant and enthusiastic employees have been about properly placing the gloves into the special boxes.
May 9, 2012 by OnePot
When Wall Street has actually started to invest in real estate then you know we have hit the bottom of the market. Ding, Ding, Ding, hear that familiar opening bell? The big boys are picking up real estate in bulk. Investment companies are buying buildings and residences in bulk with a plan to hold them as rental properties. Very good news for markets from florida commercial real estate to homeowners in Southern California!
The rules of the market have changed as well. Regulations that once prohibited investors from purchasing these foreclosed homes for the purpose of turning them into rental properties have been lifted. This leaves the market not only at the rock bottom, but wide open for investment.
What does this mean for the average person? If you have been holding on to your cash thinking that that house down the block is going to drop in price further; this may be a good time to get serious about investigating that purchase before it is snapped up in bulk by someone else. With mortgage rates still low you may be able to purchase and create your own rental investment.
Recently I was in Florida. I have heard that Florida and Las Vegas were the hardest hit by the real estate bust. While there I met a man that had quit his job. He made money now by simply purchasing one home at a time and turning them into rental properties. When the economy tanked he had no problem renting his houses to former homeowners that had been displaced. He had great tenants in these previous homeowners, and had almost thirty homes. When I met him and was on his way down to the Florida Keys to go fishing! I loved his story. I hope not only big business, but also regular people find ways to make real estate work for them.
May 6, 2012 by OnePot
A good roof will last for a number of years, but even with proper maintenance, it will eventually need to be replaced. Maybe you know it’s time to refurbish your roof, but just haven’t gotten around to making the call yet. Or maybe a hurricane or other inclement weather has forced you to replace your roofing early, in which case you are looking for a roofing contractor with all deliberate speed. Either way, you need to do adequate research before signing up with your new roofer. Picking a roofer at random from the yellow pages will likely not set you up for a happy experience. Do your homework by following the list below to find success with a great NJ roofing pro.
1. Word of mouth is one of the most reliable ways of selecting a contractor, and this doesn’t pertain only to roofing. Ask your neighbor with the refurbished roof what she or he thought of the roofing experience and if she or he can recommend the applicable company. Ask your neighbor if the contractors were respectful of the property, quoted an accurate time frame, quoted an accurate and reasonable price, and did quality work.
2. Check online reviews to do further background research on roofers that interest you. Angie’s List is a great resource for checking reviews on NJ roofing specialists and other home repair gurus.
3. Confirm that the roofers are members of NRCA, which is the National Roofing Contractors Association. The NRCA, which has been around since 1886, has members in all 50 states, including NJ roofing professionals. Membership in the NRCA isn’t a failproof test, but it will help confirm your chosen contractor has a cursory knowledge with industry rules, regulations, and safe practice standards.
4. Have your lawyer review the roofing contract before you sign, especially if you have any questions. If you can’t afford an attorney’s perusal, take the intended contract to your local legal services organization to get help.